Sunday, February 26, 2006

Annoyances: java.sun.com

Why are the people that run the java.sun.com site such idiots? Try to get to the JavaMail part of the J2EE stack from java.sun.com w/o using the search dialog box. Go ahead, try it! I'll wait .....

Can't be done huh? WTF you say? It's because they are idiots! I used to be able to get to any named Java technology 2 clicks from the home page but they changed it and change is good. Bullshit!!

As a company Sun is infamous for small annoyances this is one of them. And because I spend (or will be spending) so much time in Java (Sun) land the annoyances are beginning to add up. Even their own employees complain. Argh!!!!!!!!!!!

It's like there are two competing groups of people working at Sun. Some really brilliant, thoughtful, articulate people and a bunch of morons. The morons are winning! If you think I'm kidding take a look at some of the J2SE and J2EE source code. There are some parts of it where I get the feeling, these people really know what they are doing. Then there are other parts where I have to go, WTF?!!! The patients have definitely taken over the asylum.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:42 AM

    Try this:

    java.sun.com/products/

    I also missed the previous page, but I tried this URL and everything was solved.

    Regards,
    Rivas.

    ReplyDelete