Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A Developer's Journal: Solaris #11

CTRL+BACKSPACE has bitten me for the last time.

I've been trying to make OpenSolaris/JDS my work environment for the last week and time and time again my desktop restarts itself because of CTRL+BACKSPACE. 99% of the time I swear I didn't press the key combination! Fixing it has solved one of the many things about JDS that annoy the crap out of me (I'll tell those stories another day).

The solution is extremely simple. Edit the xorg config file located at /etc/X11/xorg.conf and add the following line to the ServerFlags Section:

Option         "DontZap"  "true"
Save the file and hit CTRL+BACKSPACE to restart the JDS for the last time.

I'm so elated I figure I would take a moment and send this one up. Thanx Alfred Peng.

No comments:

Post a Comment