Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Missing Minute

Sometime earlier today
A minute of mine went away
So I thought about main
But that thought was in vain
The minute was hiding okay?

I opened the profiler quick
And attach to the app in a nick
I collected a sample
It wasn't quite ample
The minute continued to tick.

I decided to give it a rest
In order to give it my best
I went for a drive
And in about five
My mind was finally unstressed.

But on the way home I found it
The place where the minute was grounded
It was caught in a latch
With a timer dispatch
But no signal handler around it.

Let this be a lesson to all
When debugging processes stall
Take a step back and maybe a nap
And the bug is likely to fall.

1 comment:

  1. good stuff!

    --Mike Kramlich, fan of rhyme and programming geek

    ReplyDelete