Friday, October 19, 2007

Saved By Chappelle

The last three weeks have been a hell. If it could go wrong it went wrong. It started with the death of my workstation followed quickly by a fender bender. But I'm not going to dwell too much on the fender bender because I got off easy. The short version is, the moron that ran into me didn't get beaten to a pulp, thus I'm not writing this from a prison cell (thank you Dave Chappelle). My car [miraculously] only sustained minor scratches to the rear bumper (you should have seen the other guy), which I'm not going to fix it because it means repainting the bumper, which would make my car visually lopsided. That happened with my very first car [89 Honda CRX Civic]. The insurance company wouldn't pay for the whole thing to be painted and I didn't have the money to do it out of pocket. So the passenger side door and front panel was a different shade of yellow than the rest of the car. It drove me crazy. My current car is a '06 Ford Mustang GT, black. I [still] plan on tricking it out so the rear bumper was going to go anyway. So it's pointless to paint the bumper now and suffer unnecessarily.

What really pissed me off about the accident was, (a) it was completely avoidable (I have no idea why people think a yellow light means "speed up") and (b) the car just celebrated it's first birthday. The thing that kept me from losing it was the, "When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong", skits from the Chappelle Show. First there was contact; then there was blinding rage; then out of nowhere, Dave Chappelle. Weird! Network TV should run them as public service announcements. I think it would benefit Type A personalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment